Advise on unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im looking at having an unvented cylinder installed to replace my old out of date system. My local merchants have had one returned as not used on a site in as new condition but damaged packaging.

Its a 260L vaillant unistor for £630 inc VAT

Does this sound a good deal and are these reliable? Its for a 3 bed 1 bathroom 1 downstairs wc house that will eventually have 4 people so im hoping 260L will be adequate

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd ask the G3 ticked person who's fitting it if they are happy to fit a possibly damaged item.

Hi all

Im looking at having an unvented cylinder installed to replace my old out of date system. My local merchants have had one returned as not used on a site in as new condition but damaged packaging.

Its a 260L vaillant unistor for £630 inc VAT

Does this sound a good deal and are these reliable? Its for a 3 bed 1 bathroom 1 downstairs wc house that will eventually have 4 people so im hoping 260L will be adequate

Thanks
For a one bathroom house you are better off with a high flow combi. You can buy an Intergas for that price. Then you save space and then have a new highly reliable and cheap to run boiler that never runs out of hot water. A no brainer.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A no brainer from someone who should know.

Someone who is not gas safe registered, campaigns on here for unlicensed people to be able to install gas appliances, has never fitted a boiler or maintained one (officially). Someone who has been on this forum under at least 6 aliases I can remember, who usually loses his rag and gets bumped off.

Take his advice, above all, he's cheap.

If it's the damaged unventeds that Plumb Center are knocking out, in some case components are missing. Remember, Wolseley Group never give anything away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back