AEG dishwasher door tubes

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
You can put pictures into your post by "copy and paste" or "drag and drop" or "attach a file"
Hey, I’m looking for some help trying to understand the problem with my dishwasher.
I have an AEG Proclean dishwasher and last night it stopped working with error i50.I’ve looked online and found that the problem might be with the pump, that there might be something in it. So today I today I took the pump off and to my happiness and surprise I did find something in it, it was a piece of glass.Once I took it away and started the machine, eveything started to work just fine, I was really proud of myself.
However, after 15 minutes or so, it started to leak on one side, around a piece of white plastic.This is how it looked before I started doing anything.

And these are the white hinges that I say it leaked through, the one on the left side

After this happened I also found some water on the floorboatd, and following the lead I believe it came from those two grey tubes that are connected to the white hinges and now I have no idea where they should be connected.. I’m referring to these two

Based on the photos I took before I started, I can’t see where they were.. i don’t know if they were actually connected to each other and now they split or where they're supposed to go..I’m looking for any help regarding these two tubes and possible reasons there would be leaking around those hinges.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Other pieces of glass or foreign objects might have caused the leak. An inspection camera might help to identify where the hoses fit.

Blup

The two grey hoses are overflow pipes, they put water into the base in an overfill situation and trigger the anti flood. They are clipped to the underside of the sump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

Indeed I've confirmed as well with an appliance repairman that those pipes are overflow pipes. Basically their purpose is that if there is too much water in the machine, it spills over in the floorboard through those pipes and trigger the flood sensor.

I've fixed everything better back in place and ran successfully a wash program for 30 min with the empty dishwasher. Everything went alright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back