AEG Fridge Freezer side by side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas how we can separate our Fridge from Freezer?

The model is an AEG 75578 and we cannot see how to remove the top front AEG cover which may conceal the top front fixing / joining bracket

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
It should come apart as it is too big to move in one joined Fridge & Freezer piece and it has 3 other easily accessible brackets holding the fridge and freezer together (1 top and 1 bottom at the rear and 1 at the bottom front). I can only assume that if I could remove the AEG cover from the front top this would allow removal of the chrome display cover/strip and reveal the last joining bracket. If only I knew which way to push/lever this cover. If I were to apply any more force than I already have in the wrong direction would break it and I assume after 10+ years AEG won't have a replacement part (none of their Departments have been very helpful to date).
5.jpg
4.jpg

What about wiring, pipework, internal controls etc, that stuff must transition between each side in various places so its unlikely they can seperate once built up. Or does each half have its own mains lead and is effectively self contained?

Sponsored Links
What about wiring, pipework, internal controls etc, that stuff must transition between each side in various places so its unlikely they can seperate once built up. Or does each half have its own mains lead and is effectively self contained?
its descibed as 1200mmw not 2x600mm suggesting to me its a combined units probably has no side panels inbetween but who knows ?
does it have 2 plugs and leads ??

Any ideas how we can separate our Fridge from Freezer?

The model is an AEG 75578 and we cannot see how to remove the top front AEG cover which may conceal the top front fixing / joining bracket

Looking at that first photo, the hump in the middle must conceal the joiner bracket and I would expect it to somehow just expect the hump to unclip, revealing the joint.

aahh perhaps i am misunderstanding this [nothing unusual there then:eek:]
its a single unit and will stay as a single unit but for ease off movement is in 2 bits :D

There is clear daylight in the 5mm gap between the 2 units (except for the top front under the AEG hump cover which i cannot see) and each side has a separate plug so and with 3 other joining brackets that just leaves the one that may be under the hump/cover which i have pushed pulled hit with a mallet squeezed etc etc and although it does flex (made from soft cast metal) it won't 'unclip'. If i only knew this was the solution (a bracket under the cover) and which direction to apply force.... Thank you to everyone with their suggestions. We need to move it out of the kitchen when we change house.

There is clear daylight in the 5mm gap between the 2 units (except for the top front under the AEG hump cover which i cannot see) and each side has a separate plug so and with 3 other joining brackets that just leaves the one that may be under the hump/cover which i have pushed pulled hit with a mallet squeezed etc etc and although it does flex (made from soft cast metal) it won't 'unclip'. If i only knew this was the solution (a bracket under the cover) and which direction to apply force.... Thank you to everyone with their suggestions. We need to move it out of the kitchen when we change house.

Maybe time to ring AEG for their advice? Have you tried doing a search for an online manual?

Harry
Yes I rang AEG customer care & AEG servicing (both said they would get back to me) and emailed every AEG email address I could find and had dialogue to/from the AEG help desk through their Facebook page and I have searched a manuals and still have the original manual for the fridge and for the freezer. The original kitchen fitters from 10+ years ago are long gone unfortunately. I did find a finished thread on another forum with the same question for the same unit from several years ago but with no answers. Maybe time to give up and work on a plan B trying to get it out of the building down 3 flights of stairs in one piece.

I think The control panel on the top that runs across the 2 comes off and exposes the centre bracket and top hinges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back