Aerial Part

have not seen TV aerials stacked I will assume the wide band width means it is hard to tune but with hams that is a common. This add is typical it gives the weight as 2580 kg hang on that's nearly a ton! QUOTE.

Stacking is done for TV aerials but is rare. It was done to eliminate ghosting which is no longer a problem with digital.

2580Kg is actually two and a half tons!

Sponsored Links
That is some aerial
ae235
does not look that big on the picture. I must ask at Electrofix how it is delivered so so big!

For my TV aerials I go to http://aerialsandtv.com where you'd find lots and lots and lots of information. If you fancy a laugh, go and browse the rogues gallery :ROFLMAO:
My personal preference given that I've a fairly weak signal from Winter Hill or Lancaster and without complete LoS is a high gain Yagi of the right group. Mum has a gp C/D pointing at Winter Hill that we put up some years ago, at a mates we put up a gp A pointing at Lancaster - both give a good signal.
At home I currently have a Log 36 (instead of a grouped Yagi as I didn't know which tx I'd be pointing it at) and am a bit disappointed. Even allowing for it being in the loft, I only get a "reasonable" signal from Lancaster (vertical) - reception from Winter Hill wasn't adequate. I'll be going with another high gain Yagi when I get round to sorting out the chimney and replacing the aerial on that.

I'd also second Satcure. Well worth supporting both these vendors for selling "proper" products and giving real advice based on field knowledge rather than just what the manufacturer's blurb says !

If all the frequencies to be received are bunched in a tight little knot, and you know for absolutely certain that there no chance of that frequency distribution changing any time in the foreseeable future (let's say 10-15 years) then definitely go for a grouped aerial
UK regulator Ofcom have revealed their aim to clear the 700MHz frequency band in the UK for use by mobile data services no later than the second quarter of 2020. Channels 61 - 68 have already been cleared for 4G use and this proposal means that channels 50 or 51 - 60 will go.

Sponsored Links
Oh, I nearly forgot ...
Can't you clean up and repair that part ? If there's a break in the copper track then I'd just be soldering some wire across it.

But for the cost of a new aerial ...

IME, getting at the darn thing is the hardest part.

Good point. I see nothing wrong with it. It just needs a good brushing with a wire brush then protecting with paint.

If the PCB-mounted F connector is corroded inside, it can be replaced.

If I had to go up on the roof I'd get a new aerial and not risk a repair failing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back