After market wood stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I contacted a number of HETAS installers but for them installing an after market stove is a no go zone.
So that means I have to spend £700 more on a new unit or go for some Chinese garbage.
I see a good quality wood stoves people want to get rid off.
Do I understand it correctly that these used stoves even 4 years old stoves supposed to end up at the junk yard? To me this is a bad economy. People in this country change places every couple of years many refurbish their places like every so often including installing and decommissioning the fireplace. These stoves are designed to last a lot lot longer than people change their minds.
Why I cannot get a decent 7 years old cast iron stove that was worth £1500 when installed? To me this HETAS certification business is just another scheme to force new stuff onto people so our inflated economy is "blooming" but my pocket says otherwise.
I am talking about a wood stove that is no more than 5kW in heat output and is not used as a main heat source.,
I come across some guy on the Internet who saved about 50% on the stove by finding a new unit but ex-demo what was 50% cheaper what he would normallly have to pay. But it is rare to find these. I can get a much better quality after market stove for the same amount of money.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back