Aga Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. I'm just pricing up my first Aga flue job and have a quick question regarding k-vent and b-vent. Now, including the flue above gutter height total external length will be somewhere between 4 and 4.5m. Now as you can only use b-vent type flue up to 3m externally, can you mix and match on the external run? For example use 3m of b-vent and do the remainder in k-vent.

I've already seen a quote from another installer coming in at around the £750 mark but running the external length in k-vent the materials are around £650 inc VAT whereas b-vent is about 1/3 of the price. I can only think the other installer is quoting using b-vent for some or all of the external run. Or fitting an Aga flue for £100!

So yeah, advice appreciated. :)

ps - I would have put this in the RGI section but i've filled the form in 3 times now and haven't got a reply so have given up!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back