Age of meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I don't suppose you know approximately how old this electricity meter is?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 191
Sponsored Links
Repost the first picture, but in focus this time and I'll tell you exactly how old it is.

Sponsored Links
At a guess July 1969? Rob? :p

OP, AFAIK There is nothing wrong with an old meter, the supplier is required to ensure the calibration is less than 25 years old and to do this, they swap out meters as required, but removed ones can go back to to be re-cabibrated and re-installed somewhere else..... or rather they could and did... these days I think they prefer to install electronic ones and sadly these days they are probably not reused

But Winston is too thick, stubborn or stuck in the past to understand this.

Come on, you know what he meant!

When that meter was made in 1975 the whole of Britain had only just about standardized on 240V nominal, and even then I'm not sure there might not have still been an odd place here and there on some other nominal declared voltage.

Ah, the 19697 figure was a red herring then!
Yes, that's part of the serial number.

But Winston is too thick, stubborn or stuck in the past to understand this.

You are the one who is thick. The voltage did NOT suddenly drop by 10 volts on that date and does not seem to have dropped since either. All that has changed is the way the idiots describe it.

Thanks for the replies it's older than I thought

Just wondering but what now then, do you want the meter changing or something?

If so then I don't think anyone would change a meter purely based upon its age!

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back