Age of Vokera Syntesi 29 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping if someone can help me with a question regarding my boiler please.

I have a Vokera Syntesi 29 combi boiler. I was wondering if someone knows what the approximate age of these boilers is? I have the serial number for the boiler, but not sure if there is any information embedded in the serial number that tells me the age.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Made in the second week of March 2004 in the Morbegno factory in Italy. Very efficient boiler when new; as efficient, if not more so, than those available today. Current efficiency will depend on maintenance.

Sponsored Links
Made in the second week of March 2004 in the Morbegno factory in Italy. Very efficient boiler when new; as efficient, if not more so, than those available today. Current efficiency will depend on maintenance.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Yes the boiler has been very efficient for us based on our monthly gas bills. Just wanted to know its age.

Thank you.

I have one more question please if you don't mind.

Given the type of the boiler and its current age, would you say it's due a replacement now? Realise this could be a subjective question, but thought I'd ask based on your experience/knowledge.

Like I said it has been working fine for us in the last 4 years. The only thing is I never had it serviced in those 4 years as I wasn't aware of the importance of servicing.

Just as a rough idea (not sure if it will help), between August and November (slightly warmer months) our gas usage cost averaged around £35, and between December and February it has averaged around £70. This is for a 2 bedroom house.

It would only be a couple of percentage point from the heating costs saved at most but the problem is lack of servicing could shorten the appliance life. Design life of appliances is 15 years so yours it at that now. My personal feeling is if something is working don't change it unless there's a need to and you can't justify that with cost saving or need at the moment.

I don't know where you are in the country but finding people who understand what is necessary with the boiler can be difficult; you could ring Vokera and ask for an approved engineer in the area who should clean the main and secondary heat exchangers or even whether Vokera themselves will send an engineer. I work for them but I know although we do service our appliances when asked it's not work we seek. A service is also a safety check so the condition of the appliance including flue is important also.

Allowing £20 a month for hot water the bill for the year is £450, I wouldn't complain at that and that doesn't leave much room for improvement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back