snap crackle and pop

hiss

vinyl isn't great :(

Sponsored Links
snap crackle and pop

hiss

I've transferred vinyl to cd and whilst on trial i used the hiss and scratch removal software to remove all that but i found it better with the raw copy with all the H,C&P as it was what i was used to hearing with the original and the edited version just didnt have that original sound and because of it was flat and boring.

snap crackle and pop

hiss

I've transferred vinyl to cd and whilst on trial i used the hiss and scratch removal software to remove all that but i found it better with the raw copy with all the H,C&P as it was what i was used to hearing with the original and the edited version just didnt have that original sound and because of it was flat and boring.

What software did you use tim?

joe, I'm 22, and like most stuff in the charts. I also like a lot of 80's "pop/rock" - most stuff by Queen - I have their greatest hits album, and other great bands of the 80's. IMO though, most music in the 90's was poo, but i thought it was great at the time lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Digitally recording anything will flatten it.
With analogue being a continuous curve, digital is a sequence of 'snapshots', so when CD's came out and people complained that 'they don't sound as warm' it was true, as some of the frequencies were missing. You get a cleaner sound due to the fact that the media is being read by a laser with no physical contact (unlike a stylus which introduces noise), but the audio spectrum isn't as wide.

There were those super audio CD's that came out a few years ago, but the players were pricey and they didn't catch on. There was a noticable difference in sound quality if you had decent playback gear. We seem to be doing a u-turn now and going back to crap sound quality, what with everything being downloaded and compressed.

Regarding the record companies 'buying up' all the singles rumour. Another 'loss leader' is by giving a discount to radio stations. As radio has to pay royalties for each track played, they get a 'bulk discount' if they play a track several times over. That's why commercial stations always seem to be playing the same songs all the time, it's cheaper for them. The public are being spoon fed tripe all day long, and they are too stupid to care.

Don't even get me started on ipods :mad:

true you dont get the same response as hearing it off vinyl itself but I was talking about further processing to remove scratches hiss etc and without hearing these anomalies the tracks actually sounded strange, almost artificial, certainly nothing like the original vibrant hiss crackle and pop sound I was used to. Whereas the raw track saved to cd is ok.

its not like audacity which is a waveform editor its just a cleanup program, apparently its the best on the market, i've got or did have the trial version till it ran out but to buy is way too expensive so i didnt bother, besides as said above I prefer it raw straight from the vinyl onto cd scratches and all it retains its character.

if you are still intersted in obtaining a trial version its here:

Soundsoap2

Cheers for that..

Just seen the price...jjjjjeeeeeeeeesus!!!!...I definatly prefer clicks and hisses! :)

I must be blessed then as I have a very wide taste in music, yes I like a lot of the stuff from my own era but some of the new stuff can be rather good as well.

I was into indie, Brit pop and rave (now classed as old school rave :( ), can't belive those hey days were over 15 years ago now :oops:

Same hear. I now have a daughter who is 18 and listens to exactly the same.

Things back in the late 80's were a bit different to nowadays eh Tim. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back