Aidelle Loovent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me safely disconnect my loovent leaving the lights working?

The vent has been in my bathroom since I moved in 7 years ago but is now on its last legs (the impellor has dropped significantly in the housing causing it to rub against the housing and make an awful noise or stop revolving altogether causing overheat and a nice smell of hot metal!). Thing is I'm moving on very soon and don't want the hassle or cost of repairing/replacing the vent, especially as the previous owner tiled around the vent and removal would therefore damage the tiled effect and therefore impact on the aesthetic value to a potential purchaser.

I know I can disconnect the wires and complete a circuit with connector strips but I've limited experience of household electrics and would appreciate some guidance on the best way to approach this, beyond the obvious 'disconnect the main electricity supply first'. The model number is 01 - 13 13 or 01 - B B (second part is handwritten and not too clear). Thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
I take from the tiling problem that you are wanting to leave the unit in place, but stop it from running? If this is the case, there should be an isolator switch somewhere on the circuit. it will normally be located above your bathroom door or sometimes in the loft. Simply switch this off. I would have a look for this before you need to go any further and start needing to disconnect wiring.

Rob

Thanks for your post Rob. Yes I am intending to leave the unit in place and hopefully sell up before the mould sets in, ha ha.

I'll pop into the loft and have a scout around tomorrow as there's no other switch in the bathroom apart from the pull cord for the lights and fan. Thanks again.
Phil

sorry what i meant to say was above the door outside the bathroom or sometimes in the loft.

Hope this helps

Rob

Sponsored Links
I have a Aidelle Loovent 01, probably the same as yours. It's been up for about twenty years and like yours, is on it's last legs. I tried to get a new motor but they don't supply them anymore, just the whole thing at £60 'ish. Mine has a 4 wire two-part terminal box under the cover and above the motor fan housing. Having turned off the elctricity, just undo the wire clamp screws on one terminal strip and pull on the other one. They use the terminal bocks as connectors with pins, so they just pull apart. Leave them like that and put the cover back on and the light will work without running the fan.

I suspect the OP has probably moved house and forgotton all about his old loovent by now, as the question was asked nearly a year ago ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back