Air con install (spain)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother lives in Spain and has asked for some advice on installing a Air con unit (2 bed). As a trainee sparky (1st year) i thought i would be best to get some advice. What would be the best way to power the units?

Start up current = 20A
Running current = 3.9A
Power consumption = 0.83kw

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hello i should ask your brother to read the START UP CURRENT again as according to Spanish regs you would not be able to use this machine as it is either made on another planet or is very very old.

I take it that it´s a single phase unit of .83kw so the maximun start up current should be no more than 1.04 kilowatts ( under 230 volts ) this should be wired in directly from the mains board on it´s own MCB if you were going to be installing this with singles cable buried in the walls in 25mm tube the cabling would be in 2.5mm cable up to a max length of 75 mtrs the same goes for installations in conduit.

dont think it will matter now, its probably been up ad running for a few months, since it was posted in JULY

Possibly not but maybe it will be useful to someone else.

Sponsored Links
If at first you don´t succeed........................................shot them

20Amp start up current and a Running current of 3.9A whatever next..... as most houses here are rated at 15A - 25A or if they are new ( within 2 years old or since 18 sept 2003 ) would be rated at 25A or 40A. no central heating here chaps we have a big ball of fire on our living spaces.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, hi five.

Sponsored Links
Back