Misubishi Air Con advice - Where should I post on forum?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly new to forum. I need advice on installing a split level air con unit in conservatory - any help would be appreciated :)

Sponsored Links

Well just a couple of questions on installing this system into my new conservatory:

1. I would like to hide all the pipework for the AC unit by feeding it back into my house from my new conservatory, behind some kitchen units and back out again to the condenser. However, its tight behind the inbuilt fridge freezer but it will fit. Can i lay the pipework loose hidden behind the cabinets? As fitting BBJ 700mm trunking would foul the fridge freezer.

2. For the electrical feed was going to use a spur off the ring in the kitch/diner with a 16 amp MCB in the circuit. Is this ok as the CU is not accessible to take a direct feed. Kitch/diner/utilty is on the same MCB 32amp with the following on the circuit: dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine, fridge freezer and 3 worktop double sockets for microwave, toaster and kettle. The conservatory that I am going to use as a home office will house a PC, TV, printer and fax machine.

Firstly, if you do not have the required equipment or knowledge to install ac equipment, then you should leave it to a professional, If you do not know how to safely work with refrigerant, then it is an accident waiting to happen.. A face full of liquid that boils at minus 30c will make a real mess of you.

Similarly you electrics should be left to a sparks, cheap or older type ac units have a huge start up current which will at the very least play havoc with your computer and other electronic equipment... depending on the size of the unit that you have, then your circuit has a high chance of being overloaded too

My nextdoor neigbour is a refrigerant engineer and I'm an aircraft engineer so I'm confident that we should be ok - thought I would post to get a few other opinions as with everything theres always a few ways to skin a cat.

Sponsored Links
My nextdoor neigbour is a refrigerant engineer and I'm an aircraft engineer so I'm confident that we should be ok - thought I would post to get a few other opinions as with everything theres always a few ways to skin a cat.

Your refrigeration engineer neighbour will know how to route you pipework then. And If you don't mind me saying so, an aircraft engineer would know the importance of doing the job correctly and understand the importance of the 17th edition of the wiring regs

Have a look at the Worcester Bosch Air to air heatpump (made by IVT) it may have a better CoP in heating mode.

Simon, the COP of the Mitsi will vary depending on the model, but both Mitsi Electric and Mitsi heavy are seriously good quality.. Provided that it is a genuine Mitsubishi rater than a unit labeled "Powered by Mitsubishi" or "Mitsubishi compressor"... this type of stuff is cheap bootleg ebay junk

We are a Mitsi Ecodan installer, so I can appreciate the quality.

What I struggle to see is whether your air con units working in reverse will achieve the similar CoP to a unit designed to work primarily for heating.

The air con manufacturers are a bit cagey about CoPs for heating use.

It is always a grey area when we are dealing with air source as the temperature of the air varies so greatly and so manufacturers will always be pretty vague but precise performance tables are available from the better manufacturers... A decent quality reverse cycle heat pump is designed as a heating device... it's just more versatile and less complicated... Humour aside, they each have their pros and cons.

For a more reliable CoP, then I'm afraid that we would have to go back to ground source

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back