Warm Air v Radiator

It is daft to try and compare a store warehouse with a domestic room SimonD, totally different environments with different issues.

I can only re-iterate my personal experience of domestic blown air systems which wasn't great ... It badly aggravated my asthma and I prefer rads.

Maybe the technology has advanced since then ... Maybe not ;)

Sponsored Links
I would go further and say many of us work in environments with blown air heating of one form or another.

I would agree that a retail site is different to the home. It is far more dusty because there are more people and materials moving in and out all day long.

It is the air velocity which is the issue and a well designed air movement system will have a low velocity, thus removing the 'drying' effect and also not disturbing dust. Perhaps your old warm air system was not set up correctly or was over specced for the property eg: too large a fan unit?

We have all experienced a tube train coming into the platform, but if your warm air system gives a similar effect there is something wrong :LOL:

Megawatt wrote

Maybe the technology has advanced since then

Plasma pure filters are one advance with some systems for small commercial and domestic applications and three step filtering and air purifying systems that keep the air in a room continually fresh. :D

Makes the system ideal also for doctors surgeries and small medical rooms where air purity is important.
These filters can eliminate dust,pollen, bacteria and other minute particles as small as 0.01 micron.
And as Simond has already mentioned they can absorb tobacco smoke and other unsavoury smells from spaces and very quickly too.
I think Megawatt must have had the cowboys in. :(

Sponsored Links
I still HATE WARM AIR

:)

I think most people do, 50% of folks I see with wau's enquire as to the cost / difficulty of replacing it with a wet system as against 0% the other way around.

You'd think that but I have installed THREE new WAU this year!!!!!!!!!!! Go figure

mind you being exempt from part L may have summink to do with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back