air conditioning astra 1.6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there is a smell coming from air vents when fans are turned on also air flow not directed fully to front window.sometimes the front window steams up very quickly when fans are turned on and these are suppose to do the opposite.!!!!this can only be alleviated when the air con button is pushed on

Sponsored Links
The first thing I'd check is if the air is set to recirculate. Air con systems can smell sometimes but you can get a tin of spray from Halfords, among other places that will freshen it up.

I've used the forte stuff before. run the car, windows shut, stick the aircon on recirc and set the thing off. leave it going for however long and sorts itself out. Although I would open the windows when its done as the smell can be a tad overbearing. :D

Keep an eye on your coolant level, it could be that you have a small leak in the heater Matrix, this will cause a smell and for your window to steam up when the heater is switched on, by using the Air con this will dry the air thus clearing the windows.
If you do have a small leak use Bars stop leak, not the liquid stuff but the stuff that you crumble into the header tank or radiator!

Sponsored Links
couuld only get liquid is there any difference to granles that you break in

liquid will have to do then, the difference is the solid stuff that you crumble into the rad is a lot better than the liquid

Back