Air Fryer E1 Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gentleman,

I have a Gourmia 6.7l Air Fryer which has an "E1" error code - when commencing a cook, it will run for 10-30 seconds, then make a click sound, and display the E1 code (picture attached)

E1 seems to suggest a connectivity or sensor issue according to Google.

The first thing I checked was the thermal fuses (x2) , by testing with a multimeter on resistor mode. Both are fine. (Have previously replaced such a fuse on another older fryer so feel familiar with them)

I cleaned the thermal sensor, and ensured all the internal plugs are properly seated. Connectivity testing between the blue wires are all ok (these are often cited online for E1 issues). Checked the interior butt connectors, and all seem tight with no loose or escaped strands of wiring.

The mains plug into the appliance, and the tray switch all test fine also.

- Can anyone suggest anything else I can try? My ideas are leaning towards the thermal sensor which I have cleaned, but I am unsure. I would prefer not to transplant a new sensor into it if I can try something else first, as it's just a guess.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

(p.s. Any test runs I have without the casing in place are done carefully to avoid shocks. Unit was produced in Sep 22, but I cannot warranty it).

Many thanks!

A

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.03.00.png

Sponsored Links
Did you take the fuses out of their holder? Had a friend who swore the fuse in his device was ok, (because he tested it with his multimeter), but eventually he agreed to take it out of its holder, just to humour me. Out of the holder it was O/C, back in the holder it was good. Turned out the holder was tracking through the circuit board under no-load conditions. Cleaned the board, replaced the fuse and all worked fine.
PS It wasn't an air fryer by the way. It was a Hi-Fi set many years ago.

Thanks for your reply. The fuses are actually crimped to the wire, (pic attached) so I didn't take them out. Also from my previous experience of replacing one of them for the older fryer I mentioned, I was able to test using the multimeter with it in place (the same as the YouTube video I was following). In addition to that, I believe when the thermal fuse goes, it just dies completely, so I tested it more in the hope it would be a familiar fix.

Really scratching my head what it could be...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.52.01.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.52.01.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 250
ive been asked, so thought I might post an update to potentially update others. I’ve fixed it and have been using it ever since! I replace the thermal sensor with a cheap eBay one from China and it fitted and worked fine. I even used the mounting plate it came with. (Picture attached of new sensor listing)

Conveniently, I also had another Gourmia air fryer to hand, so I originally transplanted the temp sensor to the defunct one for testing, and it came alive, confirming that it was the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_8253.png
    IMG_8253.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 325
Sponsored Links
Additionally, the plate that the new sensor comes with, coincidentally lines up to an existing bolt/ hole. So no need to transplant sensor housings. Attached pic

Attachments

• IMG_8257.png
    IMG_8257.png
    966.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_8258.png
    IMG_8258.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
I think i have the same issue, E1 code. I removed the temperature probe and find no continuity across it. I assume it's therefore faulty. The probe has a black end which is a push fit into the metal bit that protrudes into the oven space lid. Did you fit your new probe into this same hole, and are you saying you also used an adjacent hole? Next to my probe hole is a small screw/nut. Is this hole that you used?

Attachments

• DSC_2558.JPG
    DSC_2558.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 122
Apologies, I realised the pic of the fitted new sensor is likely to a different older model Gourmia Air Fryer. I completed this repair a while ago, so forgot. I transplanted the original Gourmet sensor from the older unit to the new one, and its worked fine. The new Chinese sensor with the plate fitted well into the older unit by conveniently securing via a bolt/ hole which was beside the sensor entry hole.

If I was to try to fit it to the newer model, then yes I would try the short screw to secure the plate. You can also replace the screw with a longer one, as I imagine its. regular screw.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Yes that’s the one. I think many sellers offer the same one. Yes the plug went straight in thankfully

@dr-z I will be grateful for update on your case because I have the same Gourmia GAF798 6.7L / 7Q-T. I was writing to @ardentstart about the case and he answered me kindly with photos and everything and then I found out there is difference between mine and his photos. I also ordered 200K temperature sensor but I guess I will wait long(probably 2 months) to arrive since I live in Europe and ordered from China. I will be glad to see if the sensor fits and how you managed to fit it if the holes are wider. And guys we will help so many people if this works because I went to kitchen appliances service and they couldn't repair it because "they couldn't determine what is the thermal sensor". I believe they didn't want to waste time for repairing my Gourmia if they could repair many more appliances for the same time.

Update. My replacement sensor arrived from China, so have just fitted it. Not quite as easy as I'd expected. Getting the lid off without snapping the lugs is the first difficulty. I only snapped one, so it still fits tightly.

Getting access to the outside of the oven casing, to be able to remove and fit the new probe requires dissembly of much of the unit, including removal of the fan (note the nut has a left hand thread), but eventually i got there.

Unfortunately i couldn't use the existing cable screw hole (next to the probe) to secure the new probe, as Ardentstart did, as the hole spacing was wrong. But easy to drill a small hole in the metal to screw a stainless screw from inside the oven.

Seems to be working fine now.

Attachments

• DSC_2584.JPG
    DSC_2584.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_2582.JPG
    DSC_2582.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_2583.JPG
    DSC_2583.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Marvellous! Great to hear it’s up and running. Yes I think I installed mine on an older model. (ive had both apart, the other for a thermal fuse). I think once you get down this far, you have access to most parts that could go wrong. Happy air frying!

Hi. Thanks for posting this fix - I have the same problem. Do you need to disassemble the top housing completely to get the new sensor in or do you just need to snap the top push fit cover off?

Sadly there's lots of dissembly.

- Top cover,
- screen out,
- base/back cover,
- plastic top of oven housing,
- then you can get access to the probe.

Lots of screws, but not too difficult if you're methodical. Watch out for the two spring buttons on the underside of the oven opening.

Yeah thanks, bit of a faff - just got to it. Doesn't look damaged but will get an ebay replacement and see if it burst into life

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back