Air in one radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, :(

I keep getting air trapped at the top of one radiator. The pump is vertically mounted and therefore self bleeding.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but when the heating comes on you can hear the water entering or priming the system up again.

Also, when the boiler has been running water to the radiators and it switches off you get a thump which I believe is coming from the tank up stairs.

Can anyone explain potential causes or tests regarding the air in the radiator and the occasional thump which may be an unrelated issue.

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links
Look at tank in loft at pump start and stop. Looking for water coming out of vent into tank.
Hold tumbler of water under vent when pump starts- does it suck the water up the vent?

Either of those are due to bad system design, or sludge/scale deposits, and will entrain air into system.

Otherwise you have corrosion going on producing gas - add inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back