air in water tank - mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to drain my water system yesterday and now I think I have an air lock in the system. I have heard that I need to run a pipe between the hot & cold tap to move the air lock - unfortunately I have mixer taps everywhere - any ideas on how to get rid of the air locks ?

the upstairs is gravity for cold, downstairs is mains fed for cold and hot is gravity fed for upstairs and downstairs

Sponsored Links
Cup your hands over the sink mixer. Have someone else put a towel over your hands. then turn on Hot tap followed by cold.. Then while you`re stuck there :cool: . The cold will blow back through the hot.

Sponsored Links
thats sounds like fun - i will have a go - any idea how long this may take ?
try it for 30-40 seconds then let go turn off the cold tap and if successful you will get cold running back out of the hot tap followed by a surge of air then the hot water, let it run for 1-2 mins just to make sure all the air is out, if not do it again, then go and change out of your wet jumper cause when i do it i usually end up getting soaked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back