Air Source Heat Pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone knows anything about these (got a feeling corgigrouch has mentioned them occasionally) but if you do advice would be much appreciated

My local social club needs some heating and for various reasons electric is the best option for them. So I'm thinking an air-to-air ASHP would be the best of the electric options available. Which manufacturers are best value for money, are there any features that are recommended, are the fans very powerful or nice and gentle? I assume they are quiet.

There are two rooms to potentially be heated, can I use one ASHP or would I need two? Room one works out to need 10.1kw, room two needs 2.9kw (a nice round 13kw total)

Sponsored Links
Air to Air Heat Pump - you are looking for Split Air-Conditioning units which will cool in summer and Heat in winter. you should consult a REFCOM Registered Refrigeration Engineer of Expert Advice ;)

That Vulcan cost about £3.5M to renovate to a flying condition!

Whilst it may have been pivotal in enabling us to win in the Falklands and looked very similar to the lovely Concord its is a fuel guzzler and never able to do any serious flying or serve any purpose.

I am within one mile from one of them now! ( R5868 )

But the money would have been far better used to renovate one ( or better two ) of the Concordes to enable them to fly a top rank limited service to NY or private hires. With a single crew the costs would not be that high.

The Concorde is the one plane which caught the public's imagination with its sleek lines and inovative take off ( -5° ) and landing configuration ( -12.5° ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
Indeed she did, it would be a shame to see her grounded now after all that effort. The Vulcan has also caught the public's imagination with proven high increases in attendance at airshows where she has displayed. It's purpose is to provide enjoyment to those who are interested in our military aviation heritage and our national identity. And it looks and sounds awesome :D

I would love to see Concorde flying again as well, but that's a seperate campaign that is frankly much less likely to succeed

I seem to remember the Vulcan failed to appear when expected at one of the air shows soon after it was renovated.

Nor has it been used for one of the Queen's flypasts during June which would have been a fitting use for the plane. That seems to be reserved for the WW II planes. Is it three Lancasters and fifty nine Spitfires still able to fly?

A friend's late father flew 82 sorties in Lancasters although the average was about 23. He then went on to fly civil planes for BA and retired from 747s ( which he thought were at the edge of his technical competence ).

A customer's father is still alive after flying Lancasters during WW II.

Tony

Veah she's had her technical problems, initially brought about partly due to the lack of a person on the engineering team who was qualified to sign off any work done (often she has had to cancel despite being airworthy due to the lack of a man to sign the paperwork). This has now been remedied. I don't remember why she didn't appear for that particular flypast so I can't comment, if it was a WWII flypast that would explain it...

Having had the pleasure of working on the last in service Vulcan on her final flight, it brought a tear to see her land for the final time.

Cost is still an underlying factor for the now only airworthy Vulcan,remember the group is a charity, without donations they cant afford to put her in the air.

Parts are an on going problem,shes old with old technology,parts are expensive and hard to source air wothy items as most aircraft no longer use them.

The airworthyness certificate is stringent and reviewed often for old aircraft.
BBMF operates the Spit,Lanc and Huricane plus a Dakota,these are maintained at the MODS costs,all are current in certs and have had the latest technologies added to them ;)

The Vulcan is civilian ran and doesnt share the luxury of above.

People seem to forget the Victor another gem.

As for its purpose,she was pivotal for the cold war. she was at one point, our only nuclear bomber.Nukes were until the late nighties a common site at night in lincoln being delivered to an airbase,the home of the Vulcan was one of our main nuclear capability airfields.

Concord thats another story for another time.

If we're talking planes, one of the greatest feits of aviation i've ever witnessed was mid ninties on a remote airfield. the best pf british aviation went head to head along a runway against a MIG29.Ours took the full length to pop into the air, the mig got half way, sat on its bum and went vertical in true military still.

If ever you've heard a sonic boom you'll appreciate the beauty of seeing an aircraft break the sound barrier.

Assuming the calculations to be correct?

Fujitsu and Mitsubishi HEAVY are also worth consideration.

Do not get confused by Mitsubishi ELECTRIC and HEAVY. They are owned by the same company (bank) but have different product streams and pricing structures.

We are based in Gloucester and often work down Devon. If you need a comparative quote I am happy to pop down

Only a month or so I'm sure one of those Vulcans' flew over Newbury as I was admiring a friends loft conversion and sure we saw one fly overhead??

Richard
http://www.ambientcontrol.co.uk

People seem to forget the Victor another gem.

Yeah one of them flew at Brunty not so long ago as well...shame it's not officially allowed to, would be great to see at least two of the V-force flying together again, I can't see it ever happening though[/quote]

I've seen the footage,absolutely priceless yet easy done.

Nearly had the same happen, 4engine ground run to test some IDG's and gas temps after midflight engine surge.

from flight idle through to 60% power, and jumped chocks.

Forget the Electric Boiler HeatPump Comfort Cooling will be far more economical and the installation will qualify for 100% mark down alowance as it is considered a Low Carbon Solution, I wopuld favour Daikin products ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back