air testing gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Di most people air test gas pipes to 0.5 bar before tapeing and or concealing covered pipe work.

Sponsored Links
I doubt any one will give you an answer, as it appears to read like DIY Gas work.

Nozzle

Well im.a plumber gas engineer I work with doesnt. But I no from my viper book. Studying nvq level 3 that you should.

Sponsored Links
Is this a homework question then?
Really yes, I wonderd if he was one of few that didn't air test or if it was the norm. Is the reasoning behind it as once the joints taped it may disguise a leak on the final tightness test?

yes that is exactly why, you must test the pipe and joints before painting wrapping or any other protection as the protection could mask a leak. Stick in lad and I hope the trade treats you well

Thanks and 0.5 bar for 2 minutes is the required air test? I think I would test though I am confident in my soldered joints. Its not like performing an air test is a time consuming processes.

Stop trolling a forum. DIY advice unless qualified isn't allowed.

Get yourself to the CC if you need but you won't get anything in here.

YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO TEST NOTHING. IT ISN'T YOUR JOB SO LEAVE IT.

Jon

My amatuer soldering is good enough for 10 bar air distribution - doesn't mean it's good enough to pass a drop test.

Stop trolling a forum. DIY advice unless qualified isn't allowed.

Get yourself to the CC if you need but you won't get anything in here.

YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO TEST NOTHING. IT ISN'T YOUR JOB SO LEAVE IT.

Jon
I know just wanting to learn more as I don't totally agree with some of the stuff the gas engineer I work with does. Is a shame I have to wait to qualified to learn from the usefully contributors to this forum?

You dont lad and feel free to ask away there are lots of guys on here that had to learn just as you are doing and appreciated a help out now and again but there are some that were born Knowing everything and never had to learn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back