air testing gas pipe

Thanks and 0.5 bar for 2 minutes is the required air test? I think I would test though I am confident in my soldered joints. Its not like performing an air test is a time consuming processes.
Is the above the acceptable method then for people that choose to air test then? Shame as a student you can't enter the CC. But suppose there are reasons why. Role on this July when I will all been well completed my level 3 :)

Sponsored Links
You dont lad and feel free to ask away there are lots of guys on here that had to learn just as you are doing and appreciated a help out now and again but there are some that were born Knowing everything and never had to learn

The OP is free to ask and if he is willing to learn he will understand the reason why gas advice isn't given in the open forum.

Everyone has learnt on here most through sweat, blood and tears. You can always tell the CCC's. The ones of us that give the most grief are most likely the ones that had to bare the brunt of it while learning and understand that there is no such thing as a free ride. We are always happy to help when the posters have tried to help themselves first. Especially when they are trying to learn the trade.

I had a million questions while learning and I answered half of them through trying. We didn't have the t'interweb and had to actually learn on site. Whether we agree or not it was what we were taught and then we can make our own judgments when we are qualified. I spent many a day with some useless gits but many others with those that have forgotten more than I know. It's knowing what to listen to and what not to.

OP, it would be great if you could join us in the CC as it is a wealth of knowledge and pointless bickering but you would learn. Maybe it's time for a CC kindergarten where those that can prove they are on a course can join their own group that can ask fo advice outside the open forum? Worth putting it to the Admin OP.

As said, anything we can help you with we will but don't expect gas advice in the open forum.

Jon

Thanks yes a CC Kindergarten for people undertaking gas training would extremely helpful. I am yet to meet many plumbers/ heating engineers as knowledgeable as people I have spoke to on this forum.

Just re read my viper book it says 5 minutes at 45mbar for stabilisation then no drop in the further 2 minutes.

Sponsored Links
First you say 0.5 bar and now 45mbar, that's nearly 10 times difference. Sure you're on a course???

Nozzle

Surely if you are studying you are under the guidance of a tutor?

Don't people ask questions of their tutors any more? I thought that was their purpose.

The conundrum... How can we differentiate between those who are actually training to be gas safe and those who are posing as such, on this forum? = we can't!
Cc kindergarten? Nah, let it be called "The Heat Exchange"!

Just re read my viper book it says 5 minutes at 45mbar for stabilisation then no drop in the further 2 minutes.

you're not even close pal.
your viper book must be carved in stone.
if you really are training you should have decent access to core material. speak to your 'gas engineer mate' and your 'tutor'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back