Air vent for catalytic fire, which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello group, I am renovating a terraced house to rent out, there is a gas catalytic fire installed in the living room, the room is approx 12x12x8', there is no ventilation in the room other than a 8" trickle vent in the window. I need to get a Landlords CP12 certificate on the building and would like any advice on what would be suitable ventilation for the fire to pass the inspection. I have been informed that a 6" core with a stadium air vent would suffice, but not sure if it has to be a certain type of vent. Would appreciate and advice, apologies for poor second photo, thank you.

Attachments

• 20160719_210842.jpg
    20160719_210842.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20160719_210927.jpg
    20160719_210927.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links
Is there a manufacturers' plate on the fire? If so, get onto Google and see if you can find the installation requirements (but be careful if they're very old, regs change all the time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back