Airbag Light

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
My Vauxhall Combo van has been standing unused for about a year and now it has developed a fault with the electrics. The airbag light goes off when the engine is started but comes on at about half brightness when the ignition key is removed. The battery also goes flat if left connected so I've taken to leaving it disconnected. I thought about just removing the bulb but it's actually a surface mount LED.

Sponsored Links
check fuses etc,if it continues it may require a new clock spring.

They are often also triggered by a fault with a seat belt pre-tensioner. You could try disconnecting the plugs under the seats and re-connecting them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I did try disconnecting the wires under the seats as suggested. The airbag light stays lit with the wires disconnected and the engine running. With them re-connected it was as before, light went off when engine was started but came on at half brightness with key removed. I then got my meter and checked what current was being drawn from the battery with the ignition off. It started off at 120mA then dropped to 60mA after a few seconds then settled at 20mA after a few more seconds. I then re-connected the battery lead and checked the instrument panel again. This time the airbag light stayed off with the ignition off. When starting the engine the light went on and off as normal but this time the odometer figures were very dim so you can't read the mileage! I think there must be a poor earth somewhere. :confused:

Back