Fiesta Mk4 1999 Airbag Module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Right fixed a few problems now. Main one is the airbag light stays on all the time, no flashing. Apparently it has been on since 2006 when the last owner bought it. It had a front end shunt just before this. So I'm assuming the airbag was probably replaced, can see marks round it, but the module wasn't. Some research has suggested that the module is probably knackered, not something simple like the connectors under the seat.

1. Assuming the passenger side blank, where the airbag would be fitted if this one had one can just be eased out to removed the airbag module.

2. Are all MK4 modules interchangeable, I have the ref 97FG 14B056 DF. Does the 97 stand for the year, as the cat is a 99 T reg ? Was just going to buy one off ebay.

3. Assuming this works, do I need to get a reset done to sort the light out or will it go off without it.

Many thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks, have used these people before for an ecu problem on a Vectra b my wife had a few years ago.

Resetting airbag modules is quite expensive compared to getting a matching s/h airbag module. For now I've gone for the latter option.

Sponsored Links
Back