Fiesta Mk4 1.25 Zetec - Airbag light/Pre-tensioners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Bought my daughter a 99 T plate Fiesta which about 5-6 years ago had a minor front end bump. It was sold fairly soon after the repair to the old lady we bought it off. Suspect the repair wasn't the greatest, but mechanically it's fine.

The main issue is that the airbag light had been on ever since the old lady bought it. I've swapped the module for a know good s/h out of another Fiesta, it's exactly the same part no etc so I know this to be good.

Now I get the airbag light flashing 4 times, which means the pre-tensioners are suspect. I've checked the connector under both front seats they seem OK. Not knowing if the airbag or pre-tensioners had previously deployed I'm wondering what else it could be.

I checked the resistance on both the pre-tensioners (with the shorting bar inside the connector open) and they both read open circuit. I was expecting to see some resistance. Does anyone know if what they should read normally ?

I'm starting to think they may have deployed, or the wiring is damaged between the seat and pre-tensioner on one or both front seats. Any ideas ?

Oh, and yes been disconnecting the battery and waiting 30 mins before any work !

Sponsored Links
if it had a bump and the pre tensioners fired then they will need replacing.
Im not sure how the car monitors them though to bring the fault lamp on

Sponsored Links
Back