Vauxhall Vivaro - Diagnostic Scanner - airbag, service light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know which is the best Diagnostic Scanner to use on a Vivaro 2003 ? There are so many on the net and ebay to choose from... Reason i need it i want to find out why my airbag and service light are stuck on? I already been to Vauxhall, which charged £75 per hour! and said they need it in longer as there is about 12 pages to go through to check the whole system... etc.

So i like to work it out myself and clear the lights...

Also the glow light comes on sometimes and van struggles a bit when on?..

Any suggestions be great...

Thanks.

Les.:cool:

Sponsored Links
i have a code p0120 from a diagnostic reader... i am lead to believe it is the throttle position sensor...?

Can some one tell me where it is and the part number as i might replace it myself.

Please help someone...

:confused:

A throttle position sensor is usually attached to the throttle body on the air intake manifold to tell the ECU how far open the valve is.
You should be able to get the part from a local factors stating the age and model of your car, possibly even just from the number plate.

I doubt you'll get anything cheap which will interrogate your air bag system, I don't think the normal OBD II stuff will.
Have you considered going to an independant garage? If they have something like a Snap-on Solus they should be able to get into the airbag diagnostics.

thanks spark123 for your reply... i am on the understanding there are 2 throttle position sensors... the other one is on the pedal accelerator arm.. is this correct?

I have had no choice but to book it in with Vauxhall now, i have only asked them to do a diagnostic run down for me.. at present. I will post the feedback from them once i have received it etc.. car booked in for Monday morning.

The problem i have is the van is running ok one day.. and really poor the next now... weird!

:eek:

Sponsored Links
The throttle position sensor turn out to be the pedal sensor at fault... vauxhall sorted it with no problems at all, the glow light has not came on since and the drive of the van has improved quite alot...

The air bag light, has turned out to be the squib.. which i decided to do myself eventually..,. so for no just putting up with the light...

My bill from vauxhall, was £370.00, thats for fault finding/diagnostics, new pedal sensor fitted, and labour... plus they gave the van a once over health check.

Cheers :)

Back