Vauxhall vivario Service and glow plug light on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1.9ltr tdi SWB Vauxhall Vivaro and the glow plug light has come on along with the engine service light. they both go off when I turn the ignition on but then when I go to start the engine, the lights come back on.it turns over fine but takes a while to start.

They then remain on but has no effect on how the van performs. I have taken it to a garage as im not that mechanically minded and they replaced all of the glow plugs but the lights still remain on. ive read that it could be due to a faulty wire, but I have no idea where to check or what to do. ive spent quite a lot of money on it and would like to try and fix it myself so if you have any suggestions I will be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
they put it on a code reader and it was a something to do with circuit A if I remember rightly but they couldn't clear the code?

Sounds like they have the gear but no idea. Take it to a Bosch diagnostic centre.

Sponsored Links
As above, and what's the betting they will point you in the direction of a coked up EGR valve (again :eek:)
(Assuming the engine is not losing power at any time.)
John :)

Back