aircompressor hot tube.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hobbyair 210 compressor and suction spray gun.

I don’t have any instruction for the unit.

I want to use it for painting some doors (house internal ones, not metal car doors.)

I have filled the spray gun with plain water to check the spray, to see if everything is working - but I find the tube, it's the coiled type plastic tube, is getting very hot.

Is it normal for the tube to get very hot? And this is after just 1minute.

There are no setting on the compressor - just an on off switch and some valve before it goes to the tube. What does this valve do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
over 100 psi presure going down a cheap plastic pipe will make it hot. the valve is to adjust the presure

You're sucking in air through a several kilowatt electric motor and then blowing it down a pipe under pressure. The air is already hot, add friction and you get a hot pipe. I doubt it'll fail.

Thank you merlin50 and monkeh,

Just wanted to make sure - as it seemed too hot to me. I mean you cant leave your fingers on it that long till you think this is going to burn.

This coiled hoses outer diameter is about 8mm and is plastic. I have a longer hose, its outer diameter is 16mm but made of a more rubbery substance. I was afraid the heat might ruin it. But if this is normal operation I guess these hoses are designed for this heat?

I have only used the long hose on my other compressor for a nail gun. It never got hot, not that I noticed - but air was not constantly being pumped out.

I take it this rubbery hose will be fine on the hobbyair 210 compressor and the heat will not affect it?

Sponsored Links
also how long can I continuously paint with this machine before having to give it a rest? (duty cycle, do they call it?).

This machine has no tank - it just constatly on when turned on.

just had a look at that compressor online, it has no tank, no way would i spray with that, all it is fit for is pumping up a tyre. what you need is a proper compressor not one of these oil free things. do not spray the doors in the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back