Airflow icon 15L Timer

It is a magnified and edited picture of the connector where you (or at least I) can see N L T the right way up.

Sponsored Links
I just looked at the inside of one of these I fitted in my utility room a little while ago.:cool:

Sponsored Links
screenshot_608.jpg

But we do need the OP to tell us if it has ever worked properly, and:

If not - who installed it, and when.

If it has - whether anything has recently been fiddled with that might have stopped it working properly.

... But we do need the OP to tell us if it has ever worked properly, and: ... If not - who installed it, and when. ... If it has - whether anything has recently been fiddled with that might have stopped it working properly.
We do need to know those things. However, if I were a betting man I'd put a fair bit of money on it EITHER never have worked properly OR that recent 'fiddling' has resulted in L and S/L getting swapped ... and also a fair bit of money on the fact that swapping the L and S/L would probably restore desired ('proper') function. For those that want the solution to be determined 'by testing', as I wrote to riveralt, I reckon one can use the fan as a legitimate means of 'testing' the two conductors to determine which is L and which is S/L!

Answers to your questions would, of course, allow the attribution of 'blame', if that's what one were interested in!

Kind Regards, John

Hi

Its always been like this since i moved in the house. It stopped working so i replaced the module and noticed it was a timer module but i replaced the wires the same as it was before so nothing changed there.

Thats why im asking it must be wired wrong and it does have N T L markings next to the wire imputs. Is there a different way i could input the wires?

And i don't know who fitted it as it was already here when moved in

Thanks

Swap the brown and black wires.
Hi

I couldn't wait had to do it....and guess what it worked. Now when i turn the light off it runs on for 30 secs or so. It works like it never worked before.

Thank you so much for the easy answer

I couldn't wait had to do it....and guess what it worked. Now when i turn the light off it runs on for 30 secs or so. It works like it never worked before.
I told you so :) Glad it's now working!

30 seconds run-on is clearly not much use to anyone, but you can adjust it to suit your wishes (probably up to 15-20 mins).

Kind Regards, John

Answers to your questions would, of course, allow the attribution of 'blame', if that's what one were interested in!
Blame?

Why not, if the answer was "no it's never worked and it was installed by {bathroom company|plumber|electrician|handyman|bloke from the pub} last week and the recourse should be to get him back to do it properly.

Blame? ... Why not, if the answer was "no it's never worked and it was installed by {bathroom company|plumber|electrician|handyman|bloke from the pub} last week and the recourse should be to get him back to do it properly.
Exactly - in that situation one would try to get the person "who was to blame" back to rectify their error.

Kind Regards, John

I told you so :) Glad it's now working!

30 seconds run-on is clearly not much use to anyone, but you can adjust it to suit your wishes (probably up to 15-20 mins).
, John
Yeah i know i have now adjusted it to 5 mins more or less

i personally hate overrun, if i had to fit a fan in my own house, it would be a humidstat fan for sure. If your overruns at 20 minutes and you go for a pee at 3am, ugh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back