Airflow icon 15L fan not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The Airflow icon 15L fan in my bathroom is not working, it has previously worked ok, but now nothing is happening at all.

It is connected up so when the light is turned on the fan comes on, there is also an isolater switch outside where you can switch this off and on if you dont want it to come on with the lights.

The lights work fine

I tried a quick test but not sure if this would work, I opend the unit up and disconnected the feed, I then conected this to a plug with a long lead and plugged it into the mains to bypass the isolater and cabling. Nothing happened I presume the unit has packed in on this test, then I thought is this the correct way to check if its working? I think the plug has a 13A fuse should I have used 3A in the plug, also does it need the isolater switch hooked up in order for it to work?

Any ifo would be great, dont want to buy a new one at £50 to find out its something else

Sponsored Links
Fuse would make no difference although you should use a 3A.

Does the fan have a timer which makes it run on after the light is switched off?
If yes, then you would need to connect the live to two terminals in the fan - PL & SL, L & L1, L & LS or similar.
If no, then it sounds as if it has died.

These units are modular and if you remove the timer (should it be fitted with one) then you can wire the fan directly to eliminate a faulty timer.

Hi

This is connected to a timer yes (Airflow Icon Adjustable Timer Module 240V TM 72612601 )

So I need to connect the lead up to the fan again, and disconnect the timmer connections to test?

Sponsored Links
Thanks TheVictorian

I bypassed the timer and fan is working, will get a new timmer ordered but can control it just now buy using the isolater switch to put the fan off and on.

Im guessing the timmer controls the time but also allows it to work when the lights switch on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back