Airgun advice?

It's been almost thirty years since I did my shooting, so this may be myth from the mists of time......

Hollow points supposedly hit the target, and squashed a small volume of air into it on impact. The expansion of the air caused greater shock in the target, so improving the kill likelihood.
Interesting. Whatever the mechanism, it certainly seems effective!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As I posted "Crazy Americans"

i wonder if you could import one? not that I want to !!! a 308 scares me badly.

50. Cal center fire is illegal in the UK, they were banned and all [as I recall] some 35 / 45 such weapons held in "private hands" were handed in that was all there were in the UK [cannot vouch for numbers in America?]

Would love to see the Firearms Officers face if someone imported one and tried to get it road legal in the UK?? " its only an Air Weapon?? why cant i get it on my Air Weapon License [ a requirement up here by the way??]

As I posted "Crazy Americans"

i wonder if you could import one? not that I want to !!! a 308 scares me badly.

50. Cal center fire is illegal in the UK, they were banned and all [as I recall] some 35 / 45 such weapons held in "private hands" were handed in that was all there were in the UK [cannot vouch for numbers in America?]

Would love to see the Firearms Officers face if someone imported one and tried to get it road legal in the UK?? " its only an Air Weapon?? why cant i get it on my Air Weapon License [ a requirement up here by the way??]

I looked at the reviews this morning and, IIRC, it takes ten minutes with a compressor to recharge it for three shots. :eek:

Given the impracticality, and the noise, I don't see it as anything more than a "bragging rights" for the manufacturer or owner. You'd be better served with a "proper" rifle, with proper bullets. Unless I've missed something obvious.......

Our club has a mains powered compressor that charges a 200 Liter air dive bottle to 200 Bar in about 2 mins.

I recommend an Air Arms Tx200hc in .177 sub12ft/lb. Or An HW97K synthetic stock.
Owned both. I like to keep it simple. Gas bottles, pumps, compressors, not for me.. Dome pellets are reliable.
It takes a lot of time to pest control rats with an air gun.
Unless you enjoy it, it might get a bit stale....
See mousetrap Monday YouTube chap.

Air arms s410 .177, super accurate and 10 shot magazine.

I have a rapid mk2 FAC that I use for bunnies and ferals.

Our club has a mains powered compressor that charges a 200 Liter air dive bottle to 200 Bar in about 2 mins.

??? 200 Litre air bottle - do you mean its capacity is 200 litre (chuffing big) or it holds 200 litres of air at 200 Bar? compact and small i.e. it's a 1 litre cylinder?

Am having difficulty reading the replies due to bright sunshine.

An AirArms 200 in 177 with night vision would be.a good choice.

177 is a flat trajectory compared to 22. And has more than enough impact velocity to penetrate the skull of a rat and humainly end its life.

A good used 200 is about £200 and night vision is under £400 if I remember correctly

The advantage of the 200 is light weight, compact, easy to shoot acuratly

Will put images up later.

As "The Baker" above. I have an Air Arms but the single shot version, good reliable and accurate. also in 0.177 use domed pellets, but for targets only, no vermin control.

The only thing I would add to the post by The Baker is a good "Silencer" [Sound Attenuator] Silencers are not legal.

Ken.

A SAK sound moderator that costs £40 would be more than suitable for an air rifle.

It`s not until you get up to full bore shooting you need to worry about a good quality moderator.

I wouldn't go down the NV route either, a decent air rifle with a t50 torch and a red led will do fine.

Sponsored Links
Back