airing cupboard shelving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

New here and not an expert at DIY but have done some stuff and willing to have a go and learn along the way. Sorry if my explanation is not very good.

I have an 'airing' cupboard. It used to house the immersion heater before converted to combi boiler. It is now an open space with some rudimentary shelving on the lower section.

It is 100 cm wide and about 85cm deep. One side is a 'proper' wall the other side wall is plasterboard (cannot be drilled into as it is exposed on the other side - hallway).

Currently its quite a waste of space, so I'd like to have shelving all the way up. At present there is a free-standing type of shelving upto waist height made of 2 x 1 1/2 and 2 x 1 lengths of wood.

I'm wondering what my options are? I had figured on dismantling the current shelving (as the cupboard needs some filling in places and a good coat of paint) and starting again with free-standing shelving.

Any advice help would be welcome.

cheers

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same situation a few years back and I bought a free standing wire mesh rack that was near enough the right size from B&Q I think. Just keep your eyes peeled when you are out and about. Or make your own free standing version.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back