Airlock Cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, today I woke up to no cold water coming out of my bathroom tap or the toilet so I can not flush the toilet, hot water works fine. I’m not sure if the cold water works in the shower as the shower seems to only give warm water and it being stuck on that temperature.

the bathroom supply is from a tank above but I live in a council house, the kitchen water is supplied by a mains. I’m not sure what the problem is but I think it’s airlock and I was wondering what is the best method to fix this. I have a picture of my tap in the bathroom which makes me think I cannot attach a hose to it. All help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1505.png
    IMG_1505.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 16
Sponsored Links
If it’s a council house report it, usually gets logged as an emergency. Sounds like the float valve has failed and therefore not filling the cold water storage cistern back up

We have asked the neighbours who live above us and their water seems to be fine. The house is on leasehold so not sure if there’s a charge to pay to the council.

Sponsored Links
We have asked the neighbours who live above us and their water seems to be fine. The house is on leasehold so not sure if there’s a charge to pay to the council.
ask them - I don't think there will be - it's leasehold because flats always are

If you purchased the flat but the council maintain the building, eg the roof then it’s your cost, if you pay rent to them or someone else, they are a landlord and it’s their cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back