airport demonstrators

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
ellal said:
There I was just about to agree with your post, and then I read...
Well you could always agree with the bits you agree with, and disagree with the bits you disagree with. However...
pot, kettle, black... ;)

... I was clearly expressing my own opinion, not a government mantra, and it isn't something you can agree or disagree with. It's my opinion and my wish, not a creed for anyone else to follow. In other words, just have the strength of character to give your own opinion without feeling that you need to relate it to mine.
Touchy, Touchy.... :LOL:

but ffs*

I don't know - does it matter what the government would "love"? The government is our servant, not the other way around, and if enough people express a point of view, in strong enough terms, using the correct process, than that view will be crystallised not only in everyday governmental decisions but in parliamentary policy and, ultimately, legislation.

How naive you really are... :rolleyes:

*taking a note out of your book... ;)

I wouldn't feel sorry for the 'poor' farmer. He stands to make megga munny when he sells his farm for the fifth runway.

I think the politicians should answer a few questions, such as why they spend more time flying abroad for their jolly holidays than any other section of society. That's after they've driven to the airport in their big car and locked up their big house. Bunch of hypocrites.

Sponsored Links
He's too busy writing farce about me in another thread to write a reasoned argument in this one ;)

Even Softus has limited processing power ... He's down to his last half a Watt at the moment I think judging by the standard of his recent posts :LOL:

I'm sure he'll recharge soon and get back to his normal laugh a minute self!

megawatt said:
He's too busy writing farce about me...
You flatter yourself. I haven't been writing about you, but about the topic in hand. Aside from that I'm busy on another project - some of us have work to do.

Your fingers are now going faster than your brain Softus ... You keep missing words out ... I said you were running on low wattage :LOL:

If if follow your advice I shouldn't need to justify my personal beliefs or attitudes so I may be a hypocrite and/or a liar ... Or I may be neither.

Make up your own mind.

MW

ellal said:
Softus said:
I'm not biting ellal. Try something sensible.

Then maybe next time try a reasoned argument... ;)

I thought nothing would be forthcoming....

So maybe I should have included a speling misstakke.... ;)

These protesters have at least been victorious in raising the issue with the UK public. We do fly a lot and some day we are going to have to start asking questions on whether this is sustainable or not. I did a bit of research on the groups behind the Climate Camp this month and many of them are just concerned middle aged citizens (probably like the majority of this board? ;) ) who worry about their home life being destroyed by constant air traffic overhead.

If you're interested look on google or PM and I'll send the link, don't want to just shamelessly self-promote my own newsblog.

Sponsored Links
Back