Airvent / driveway issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 92345
I have bought this house and in the photo you can see that in the past the drive has been laid too high so the air vents were covered over. So someone has taken up the drive next to the house and filled in with gravel, allowing the vents to breath. It may also be due to breach of the damp course.

Can i reblock this gravelled area and form small light wells around each air vent. I think there are 3 in total. But still leave one brick width as a gravel channel. The current channel is rubbish and messy.

Any ideas on how to tidy this up will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can i reblock this gravelled area and form small light wells around each air vent.
Yes. You would normally dig around the vent and form a well out of masonry so that the vents can work. They do trap rubbish and leaves etc, so you are constantly having to clean these vent troughs out.

Right thanks. I can see that the damp course was breaching this drive as well, hence they put this gravel in, but i dont know why they made it so wide. I would have thought a narrow and neater channel up the side of the house would be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back