airy house mods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

im after a bit of advice please, i bought an airy house last year, am more than happy with it, it has been re skinned in nice brick and a new roof, got mortgage ok with halifax, so the house is fine no problems.

now id like to had a conservatory to the rear of the house, approx 3m x 4m, im the dining room there is a dg window which is 1.7 m wide, i know normally youd take the window out and remove the brick work below and youve got your opening for which ever door way you want.

now with this house being an airy house all theyve done is re skinned it with facing brick, the original concrete covering is still underneath, also will there be any steel work under the window i want to remove, and if there is will it be an issue, i know the answer is to remove the plaster board and have a look but am just in the planning stage annd wondered if anyone had come across this before

martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back