New opening in external cavity wall, how to fit catnic linte

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I want to open up the rear outside wall of my house and fit tri fold doors and a new window, the wall is doulble brick skin cavity.
I know I need a catnic cavity wall lintel but from what I understand I cant just need/prop the wall abouve and slot this in?

Am I right in thinking that I will need to support as close to the celing as possible then remove approx 2/3 rows or brick from the outside, hopefully the inside bricks will stay, then insert the lintel inside the gap upto the said bricks inside that will sit in the back ot the 'T'.
The I can re brick the outside with soliders (support the lintel untill all has set off. then remove strongboys/acros/ etc etc then make the full opening?

Am I about right?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You would be better putting needles in,dont rely on "bricks stoppping up"
If you are fitting tri fold doors then im guessing the opening is quite wide?
Remeber the doors will need fixing in the head of the frame so make sure the new lintol is fixed in place correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back