Alarm bell box cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to remove the bell box cover on the old Wickes house alarm as the siren was not sounding on activation. Found a wire had corroded so repaired it and all good. However, being a clumsy oaf, I managed to stand on the cover which was brittle with age and therefore shattered. Have searched ebay for a replacement but no joy. The cover I need is the old 5 straight sided one with vents at either side, just wondering if anyone knows a source?

Sponsored Links
If its a hardwired system you can most likely fit any new external siren. A new siren increases the deterrent value anyway so its always good to replace at 10years max IMO.

If
IMG_0146.PNG
If your control is a wickes panel look above,you can replace bell box with any make or model.As engineer says a new box would let people know that alarm is new.
Pyronix delta bell are good ,below £20

Sponsored Links
Replace the whole bell with a Pyronix Deltabell, as Sparkymarka suggests. (He may be fairly local to you and could help if you can't manage it by yourself...)

Have decided as advised to go with a Pyronix Deltabell. I have also managed to find the wiring instructions online so I should be ok with the fitting but have no doubt that, should I have any problems, some one on this forum will help me out. Thanks for all replies.

Update. Managed to source a new cover for my old Wickes bellbox. I would now like to fix a 12v led to the cover to show that it is a working alarm (as it's old). I would prefer this led to be lit constantly so which 2 connections should I use? The bellbox has RET- ,SW ,BELL- ,BELL+ ,V+ and V- .
Hoping someone can help.

Update. Managed to source a new cover for my old Wickes bellbox. I would now like to fix a 12v led to the cover to show that it is a working alarm (as it's old). I would prefer this led to be lit constantly so which 2 connections should I use? The bellbox has RET- ,SW ,BELL- ,BELL+ ,V+ and V- .
Hoping someone can help.
Hi, long shot, but anyone know where I can get one of these old vented boxes from .
Searching online but no luck so far.
Just need the old vented, plastic box
Thanks
liam

9FD871B3-8B5E-4543-9D3C-6AE70D040E92.png To be honest at that price ,your not far off a modern up to date new bellbox complete ….

View attachment 261380 To be honest at that price ,your not far off a modern up to date new bellbox complete ….
Many thanks sparkymarka,
Tbh, it's just as a bothcit.
I may just leave it , if I can't get that yellow one, or just take the old, unworking lot off the wall, as having one 1-in bits up there may get the interest of burglars.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back