Alarm Bell/Siren Disconnected - help without calling out company?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I think this might be quite simple as there are literally 4 cables but thought i would ask you guru's!!

My plasterer (very good and conscientious) decided to remove the fire alarms and the internal alarm siren from the ceilings/walls in order to plaster behind... this of course has caused a fault on the system (i would have told him not to do it had i been home and/or he'd asked me).

What i would like to do is connect everything back together and then call the company for the reset code for the system, rather than pay over £100 to have an engineer come to connect 4 cables in about 5minutes and charge me for the privilege (I only just paid them the same to disconnect and reconnect the door contact for a new door!!)

For the fire alarms I am sure the fascia's just need to be connected so that seems pretty straight forward but the siren looks like it has a tamper connection and then the main connection.

I have 4 cables from the wall (main alarm unit) blue and yellow and red and black, and then I have 4 cables on the siren, two white ones from what looks like the tamper arm and then bla
IMG_3892.JPG
ck and white - does anyone have any idea what goes with what please?

Pic's attached, thanks in advance Louise
IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3893.JPG

Sponsored Links
I would guess red and black are the speaker connection and blue and yellow are the tamper switch connection ?
Do you have a tamper fault on the panel ?
If so connect the blue and yellow wires onto the tamper switch.Hold in the tamper switch and reset panel.if clear then they are the tamper pair
Now connect speaker and test

The company may charge or refuse to give a reset code if you fiddle with the system yourself as they can't guarantee the work that's been done.

They could still charge for the reset code.

for the guess I would go with Handymanjo, be aware if it isn't the right guess you may blow a fuse in the panel and may be able to get a replacement from Maplins.
I would expect that theres 12V volts+ on the red wire and a speaker negative on the black and blue and yellow are tamper as suggested, as that is what many use but I have come across systems where they haven't followed that system, so at your own risk is

Sponsored Links
Thank you, sorry I didn't get an email notifying me of replies. I will try the above! thank you for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back