1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Pyronix Enforcer external bell tamper alert.

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by PhilEdT, 15 Apr 2021.

1. PhilEdT

PhilEdT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all, I have a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system that has been professionally installed and maintained. It's 5 years old.

Pyronix don't seem to be answering the phone these days, so I thought I'd post here.

Recently, the tamper alert for the external sounder went off.

Under the instructions of the maintenance company, I've disconnected the siren from the control panel (wireless). The company said that should stop the tamper alarm for now, until he comes round to look at it.

He said that it could just be the tamper button wearing out, due to wear and tear. He gave the option of just disconnecting the tamper button and therefore getting more life out of the siren. It has to be inspected first of course.

So I've got a few questions here;

1) Should disconnecting the external siren from the control panel, also switch off the tamper alarm?

2) Whats the life expectancy of these sirens? 5 years seems a bit short.

3) If its just the tamper button and its disconnected, are more things likely to go wrong with it, and its therefore better to get a new one?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It’s not down to wear and tear as once it’s closed ....that’s it , there has been issues with the microswitches on the bell boxes and they only cost a couple of £ to replace ....I would have though a cheap item like this would be covered under your maintenance...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. PhilEdT

PhilEdT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It was installed by a different company, that have now closed down. The maintenance agreement doesn't cover parts/batteries unfortunately.

Company said that the microswitch isn't replaceable and that 5 years has been a good lifespan...

5. Handymanjo

Handymanjo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Microswitch is simple click out old switch and click in new microswitch.
    Does not need new bell box,but would replace batteries while up ladder as they are 5 years old

• Like Like x 1
  6. PhilEdT

PhilEdT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  7. sparkymarka

sparkymarka

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And what is pyronix going to tell you different from we have told you ? ....life expectancy is the battery pack ...
    As for what your maintenance company is telling you ....either they are clueless or having your pants down

8. DIYSOS2018

DIYSOS2018

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Pyronix don’t support end users, their support line is for registered installers

You’ve got options here

9. Sponsored Links