Pyronix Enforcer - Siren Tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Pyronix enforcer v9.5 panel that I have installed myself.

Recently we moved house and the panel/detectors/bell came with us.

I re-installed it at the new house back in June and all was well, arming/disarming and communicating by SMS when triggering/tampering as normal.

The past two days, we've armed the system and left the house, and a short time later, possibly 45 minutes to an hour after we've left, we've had tamper SMS alerts on our phones via the panel. The messages seem to indicate that the tamper on the siren has been tripped. When we return to the house, the bell isn't sounding, and the panel is not in alarm/showing an active fault.

I've looked through the logs on the control unit, and it looks like the siren tamper trips and restores itself repeatedly whilst the system is armed. The SMS messages corroborate this, as we get 3-4 messages within a minute of the first one. To clarify, this does not happen when we are home and the system is unarmed, and is not showing in the logs as such.

I've been up and checked the tamper on the siren, its seems to be fine, and the bell sounds when I take the front cover off, which is expected. The backplate is firmly fixed to the wall with no play in it, and the back tamper is also OK, holding the tamper switch firmly against the front cover when closed. Battery status on all wireless devices is showing as good, as is signal strength.

I'm at a bit of a loose end here, wondered if anybody has any ideas on what I can look into to find out why this is happening?

The worst case at this point is I'll have to clean start and setup again, but no guarantee if the issue will come back!

Thanks very much to all in advance, your advice is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If your getting Siren Tamper then you really need to check the siren again or replace it, Clean starting will not solve anything. The siren has a screw next to the tamper switch which presses against the wall, by turning the screw the leaf switch comes out towards the lid, make sure you hear the switch click when you put the lid on. I doubt that its signal related but for peaceof mind, go into enginner mode > Diagnostics > Wireless device status > Bells > Signal > Should be a 3- displayed, press Yes, your now see exact signal, this shoud be stable over 5mins of viewing and above 50 or 60 ideally.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've checked the panel and the signal is 100 over 5 minutes, and didn't budge from there. Looking at the bell box, there's a battery block top left and a switch below it, sitting in front of a plastic pin which protrudes forwards towards the cover. I've double checked and it's firmly engaging the tamper switch when the cover is closed (I can hear the ping of the switch). Could there be a fault with the tamper switch itself? I wonder if this is a replaceable part or whether the entire bell module inside the housing would need replacing.

We have had a couple of faulty tamper switches on the delta bells , it will be the same microswitch try checking it with a multimeter

Sponsored Links
Think you can replace the leaf switch on those, we have a custom made PCB & assembly at work so not entirely sure on the mass market ones.

Thanks for your suggestions on the switch guys, I've been up this morning and took the whole module out. The microswitch looks like the one below.

I've put a multimeter on it, and open it reads open as expected, closed the resistance fluctuates between 0.5 and 0.6 ohms. Sparky do you think this would be expected?

If anyone's got any ideas where I can get a replacement that would be great - the ones I can find online have 3 terminals, NO, NC and C. This one only has NO and C.

Thanks you in advance!

125582-d665b911c48d53451720768024181d10.jpg

A standard one will 3 terminals will be fine , the 0.5/0.6 is ok but I would change the microswitch anyway

Hi I need help urgently too. My house alarm is pyronix enforcer wireless. Since 2 weeks alarm keeps on going off random time. On the panel it's coming up as wireless jamzzin and sometimes tamper. Now I got someone to come round and have a look their not sure what it is they thought the alarm bell outside was faulty which I didn't believe so the person has now switched the bell off from the panel and since then I still hear the panel siren going off which is the main problem.what can be the problem please

Should have started new post !!!!!
Could be faulty bell box ?
Why do you not believe bell box is faulty ?

Hi Kaycee81/All

I am having EXACTLY the same issue with the microswitch I think. Could you please tell me which switch you purchased and where from? I have a wifi pyronix deltabell which is under a year old. As far as I can tell Pyronix are not interested in helping those that have done DIY installs. I wonder if this should be replaced under guarantee? Thanks for any assistance. I get messages such as those in the attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-09-14-04-53.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-09-14-04-53.png
    320.7 KB · Views: 593

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back