Pyronix Siren Tamper fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I moved into a house with a Pyronix Wireless system. RINS1548-4 with I think a DeltaBell-WE box outside. I have the master code but not the Engineer Code.

Recently the control panel started going off in the middle of the night and shows a Siren Tamper fault on the control panel. It's almost always when it has been raining hard. I am now on my 5th night with very little sleep. :( I rang the original installer but they want to charge an arm and a leg as they are quite far away.

The thing is, we don't use the alarm system so all I want to to to sort out the Tamper fault. Having read nearly all the posts relating to these type of fault on this forum I would like to either check the siren seating/tamper switch or just disable the siren. I am reasonably competent DIYer (but not with electrics).

Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to achieve it. My nightmare is opening the Bell box and not being able to stop it! I would need step by step instructions as to how to open the box and check/disable it.

Thank you very much in advance.

DFMan

Sponsored Links
Just replace the microswitch .... open lid , pull battery lead , replace microswitch ( pull off spade connectors) , put battery lead back on ajust microswitch close lid , reset panel with code and yes ...

Sponsored Links
IMG_2229.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back