Pyronix Enforcer v10 Siren Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The battery on the Deltabell siren box outside my property has gone, and I need to replace it.
The siren is intermittently sounding, I assume because the battery is low and causing fluctuations.

I just wanted to ask someone whose replaced the battery how easy is it to do? I need to go up a fair distance so want to be prepared before going up.

How does one disable tamper first? I assume tamper will go off as soon as I lift the cover? I do not plan on removing the entire unit off the wall. Can I silence the tamper somehow? Does the siren or main panel need to be reset somehow for it to all be operational again?

Note, this is a wireless system so the sounder only uses battery pack.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have to be aware that there are two versions of the wireless bell, using different batteries.

so best to check which battery is inside the bell first, I believe if the system is less than 2 years old it is likely to be the new battery, if its more 3 years old it be the old style and somewhere in between its anyones guess without looking

You have to be aware that there are two versions of the wireless bell, using different batteries.

so best to check which battery is inside the bell first, I believe if the system is less than 2 years old it is likely to be the new battery, if its more 3 years old it be the old style and somewhere in between its anyones guess without looking

I managed to get to the box, and remove the PCB board (it is designed to lift off) and it is the Twin Pack - BATT-ES1 type. Going to order a set now.

Only issue. When I re-connect the the battery on the ground, the tamper will sound. Is there a mode to put the device in so it does not sound, until I am finished putting everything back?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For anyone else that comes across this, it is fairly simple to replace the battery.

1. Get up to the siren
  2. Lift up the little plastic flap covering the screw
  3. If battery still has some juice, it will trip the tamper, else nothing will sound
  4. You can lift the PCB up and out of the housing fairly easy if want to replace on the ground (good design Pyrnoix!)
  5. Replace the battery in the white plastic housing
  6. No learning procedure required
  7. Slide the PCB housing back into the main siren housing
  8. Note, the tamper may trip (it is the little contact relay at the front). Hold it down if bothered by the noise
  9. Lower flap, put screw back on
  10. Set alarm, trip and test siren sounds

I take it the pcb retaining screw wasn’t fitted ...and why would you take it out to replace the plug in battery pack ?

There isnt a screw. The PCB is housed in a plastic casing which slides into the main housing.

Because
You can lift the PCB up and out of the housing fairly easy if want to replace on the ground

89A8941F-AEC4-464B-A1A6-9F6AB10E32AF.jpeg

There you have it. Glad I didn't pay this company ridiculous amount to come and maintain it under a minimum 4 year contract,i they have missed out screws during installation. One of the larger ones too.

No it’s just a small screw to stop the pcb moving up and causing a tamper fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back