Alarm is wired up to the upstairs lighting circuit, every time I trip fuse, goes off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I am doing some work on my loft, boarding it and need to disconnect the wires which are resting on the joists. Every time I trip the upstairs lighting circuit on the fuse box the alarm goes off. Pushing the fuse button back stops the siren.

The problem is I do not know the code to reset it as the previous house owner did not give it to me. So the alarm has never been manually activated by me.

What can I do?

Sponsored Links
More than likely the battery is fault in control panel.
Totally power alarm system down while you are boarding loft.

start by giving the make and model of your system, and attaching some photos.

Certainly. It's Eurosec PR5208 rev 1.0. There is a control panel and box, the box goes off when you try to remove the two screws. Then I just reset it by tripping the lighting circuit fuse and pushing it in again. When I trip it, the panel box beep goes off but the siren panel on the front house exterior goes off. Then pushing it in silences it. Here are the pics

https://imgur.com/a/nbJ4OEn

More than likely the battery is fault in control panel.
Totally power alarm system down while you are boarding loft.

Thats what I would like to do, but I dont know how to properly disconnect it from the light circuit upstairs, and I dont want to risk having it go off again and annoying the whole street!

Sponsored Links
Get up a ladder, rip alarm box off and put it in a bucket of water..

That's presuming you can't actually use it?.

Get up a ladder, rip alarm box off and put it in a bucket of water..

That's presuming you can't actually use it?.

I can't use it but the alarm is providing a nice blinking red light to deter potential thieves. I also can't access it from the front as it's above the upstairs bay window, and I don't have a tall enough ladder for it.

Don't cut any wires ,just power system down.

How do I do that without shutting down the mains for the whole house? I try to trip the circuit for the light, which is all I care about, and the alarm starts siren.

Would the siren not have a backup battery inside?, ours does

Attachments

• IMG_20201215_201639_3.jpg
    IMG_20201215_201639_3.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 133
Eventually it will go tits up and you will have no way to shut it off.

Personally I'd have it replaced with a dummy box or another alarm.

What happens if it plays up.at 3am and you can't shut it down?.

Not a dig, just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back