Alarm keypad voltage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,Can anyone tell me if I can handle the wire to the keypad, not the main box, to make a repair. Workmen have severed the wire and I need to reconnect them. But I don't know what voltage passes through it, and I don't want to disconnect the mains voltage in case it sets off the alarm and I can't silence it, because this is broken. It is the keypad next to the exit door.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its a remote key pad it will be between 11-13v DC so no harm , except if you short the live to ground , you will pop a fuse in the main panel, get a company in if you wish , if its tied in with your insurance get a NSI or SSAIB company in.

Sponsored Links
I hope you'r still with me madman41. I have repaired the wire 6 connections, and there is not a flicker of life in the keypad, which I expected. So it looks like I have a fuse issue. The system is VERITAS installed 2004. I have got a keypad on the stairs landing which is lit up but no beeps when pressing the buttons. and the one by the exit door at the broken wire.There is a main box under the stairs to the main power, but it is just a white box with no buttons whatsoever , two plastic screws hold on the face cover. Now I know when I remove that cover all hell will be let loose. Can you try and guide me through what I need to do , in the instructions it says to power down the system and enter the engineers code, does this mean my own personal code. and where would I put in this code as nothing seems to be working Also what fuses will I need and where will I get them as I don't think I will get them from B&Q
Many thanks buddy

I hope you'r still with me madman41. I have repaired the wire 6 connections, and there is not a flicker of life in the keypad, which I expected. So it looks like I have a fuse issue. The system is VERITAS installed 2004. I have got a keypad on the stairs landing which is lit up but no beeps when pressing the buttons. and the one by the exit door at the broken wire.There is a main box under the stairs to the main power, but it is just a white box with no buttons whatsoever , two plastic screws hold on the face cover. Now I know when I remove that cover all hell will be let loose. Can you try and guide me through what I need to do , in the instructions it says to power down the system and enter the engineers code, does this mean my own personal code. and where would I put in this code as nothing seems to be working Also what fuses will I need and where will I get them as I don't think I will get them from B&Q
Many thanks buddy

1 amp quick blow if your lucky there may still be a packet of two fuses still selotaped in the panel. F4 fuse above the keypad connections depending on age of panel 500ma for keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back