Telecom elite 24 problem - keypad dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys your help needed please.
Carpet fitters put a carpet gripper on top of some alarm wire while fitting and alarm went off, keypad is dead now.

No visible damage on the wire outside but I am suspecting one of small cores inside may have been damaged.

I suspect this is wire to keypad but not sure though - could it be any other if keypad is dead?

Also how to silence the alarm as wife is going nuts there now...

Would be possible just to cut damaged piece out and reconnect the cores ?

Thanks for advice

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
sounds like the network fuse is shorted or the cable broke.

if you have spare cores, nows a time to try them out.

worst case is replace the cable.

No power can only happen if the network fuse is shorted or the cable/ core supplying the power is damaged, if the cable was badly installed they may have pulled from the back of the keypad but that's very unlikely.

thanks secureiam!

Where can I find network fuse, is it inside the panel or keypad? Also alarm is on a separate RCD circuit so I would expect RCD to switch off in case of any potential shortage .

In case of cable replacement can I just cut out the part which may be damaged and replace it or have to replace the whole cable which i'd like to avoid after all walls plastered and painted...

Sponsored Links
There is a fuse/switch, if shorted there is no power on the network. believe the red led is still there to indicate the problem with that circuit, not looked in a while.

If its a glass fuse like on the 48 it would be blown as soon as the network is shorted and a red led to indicate that its blown.

if you don't know where the damage is for certain just replace it all, it be easier.

Home now. 8 cores, wires seem intact inside.

Managed to stop siren from the app.
Here is app even log hope it means anything to you

https://flic.kr/p/y3SpqQ

Where do I find that fuse?

Last edited:
I can replace piece that is on the staircase but not the whole cable as it runs under plaster now.

Do you mean that as soon as I replace the wire lite will go off or I still have to replace that fuse inside the panel?

No fuse no fuse..... Get a multimeter remove the cores at both end and check for shorts on the cable

You don't have to do anything with the panel, just have to deal with the cable and restore a good connection.

The PTC is like a fuse in that it protects the circuit, unlike a fuse it only breaks temporarily as it changes state, but returns to useable once the problem has been resolved.

The problem is the cable.

You can test the cables and it takes time, hence why replacing it is sometimes easier, as its plastered in the wall your not going to be able to replace it all from what you have said.

You could be lucky and only a few cores are affected and you can swap to the spares, if not it is a case of find the break or breaks/ shorts and replace and join.

Thanks all sorted now!!! finally found where it was broken and replaced that piece.

No messages on the keypad after reset. Red light is still on but there is a green one next to it so I assume this is how it should be isn't it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back