Alarm mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know what this is ? Its making a weird noise and its connected the house alarm. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20200426_190654.jpg
    20200426_190654.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
It is a speaker, quite an old one - but that doesn't explain why it is making a noise. What sort of noise is it?

Like a whirring that happens every 5 seconds. I turned the power off earlier and when it came back it's been like that.

Should've said it's like a continual buzzing then a louder sort of whirring every 5 seconds. It's not loud but first its happened.

Also just noticed that when the power is turned off the house alarm goes off.

Could this be related ? Tempted to disconnect that speaker now I know that's what it is

Sponsored Links
Not checked battery

Attachments

• 20200426_200751.jpg
    20200426_200751.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 71
It will be 50/50 that the resistor is burnt out on the pcb, under the keypad which is part of the battery charging circuit !

The keypad doesn't respond either and I dont understand why zone 1 is always lit. Is there a quick way to disable it giving that killing the power results in the alarm going off ?

Reset does nothing ( no buttons are responsive.) Is the battery easy to change ?

Panel lock out
Power down control panel disconnect battery,power panel back up.
Control panel may reset back to default settings . Default code 0123 for customer code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back