Aldi table saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A small tip, for anyone who has ever bought an Aldi Workzone WZTS 2000 table saw.

Beneath the deck, the blade sits in a tall, narrow plastic tray with a narrow tube coming off it, that is designed to be connected to an extraction device.

If, like most domestic users, you don’t have it connected to an extraction device, the tube will want to become blocked with sawdust and small bits of wood. The plastic tray will begin to fill up.

The blade is now running through a bed of sawdust. If you are cutting a lot of material, the blade will become hot. If you are working outside, and it’s windy, it may take a few minutes to realise that what is emanating from the saw is not just dust, but also smoke.

To remove smouldering sawdust from the now partly melted plastic tray, unplug the saw, move it from over the pile of sawdust on the lawn that is also on fire, and remove the tray by means of the four screws that secure it.

Do not try this indoors.

Sponsored Links
Cracking job, nice way of sharing your DIY Disaster! If only it was caught on camera.

Nozzle

Not so much a disaster as a cautionary tale. To be honest I was relieved to discover where the smoke was coming from, as I thought I'd burnt the motor out. Which I hadn't.

Much easier, if a bit costly, and better for your health to connect an extractor to the tube. Even using something like a Henry vacuum will suffice for small jobs.
Also wear a cartridge respirator, not one of those flimsy dust masks which allow the fine dust to penetrate around the sides and where it sits across the bridge of your nose.

My wife was so concerned about wood dust she bought me a Festool midi extractor. Not cheap but as she says, cheaper than paying for an early funeral for you. LOL
Added bonus is there is a lot less dust to clean up afterwards. :)

Sponsored Links
Being a cheapskate at heart my "home shop" (i.e. the shed) is equipped with a high-tech cyclone extractor (or second-hand beat-up Dyson DC02) which works passably well, and cost me £8 at a car boot sale ('coz it was missing lots of bits). Next step will be to add a pre-filter cyclone from eBay, methinks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back