Alexa on any alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've lately linked my enforcer alarm with my Alexa smart home system. So basically now when I go out I can say "Alexa im going out" and it full sets the alarm or say "Alexa bedtime" and it sets the night set on the system after also turning all the lights and TV off in the house.
Then when my alarm clock on Alexa goes off in the morning it unsets night set automatically so when I go down I don't need to worry about it. When I come come home I say something like "Alexa i'm home" and it unsets the alarm, (Although I don't use such a simple phrase and my Alexa isn't call Alexa but still understand it does reduce the security of my system but i'm ok with the risk).

Also then when the alarm goes off Alexa sends me a notification to my phone, turns all the house lights on makes an announcement on all the Alexas and starts playing music on one of the Alexa's full blast, I've chosen the song The sound of da police.

The set and unset is done with a Sonoff relay module to zones set as key switch £28 on amazon. This can be done with any alarm where you can have key switch zones.

The output is done with the use of bluetooth Echo buttons and a relay wired to the bell output. it does involve a bit of soldering to the button £20 for 2. This can be done to any alarm system.

I might program the other button and put it in the bedroom as a night unset button if I want to go downstairs at night. I could just have it unset the alarm for lets say 10 minutes and then reset it.

Anyone else done anything fun?

Sponsored Links
Well done with your solution, the security issues are a possible concern, but if the phrases are good shouldn't be a major problem.

Be aware if you tell your insurance you have an alarm, the modifications you have made could invalidate your insurance if you ever do get burgled.

I've lately linked my enforcer alarm with my Alexa smart home system. So basically now when I go out I can say "Alexa im going out" and it full sets the alarm or say "Alexa bedtime" and it sets the night set on the system after also turning all the lights and TV off in the house.
Then when my alarm clock on Alexa goes off in the morning it unsets night set automatically so when I go down I don't need to worry about it. When I come come home I say something like "Alexa i'm home" and it unsets the alarm, (Although I don't use such a simple phrase and my Alexa isn't call Alexa but still understand it does reduce the security of my system but i'm ok with the risk).

Also then when the alarm goes off Alexa sends me a notification to my phone, turns all the house lights on makes an announcement on all the Alexas and starts playing music on one of the Alexa's full blast, I've chosen the song The sound of da police.

The set and unset is done with a Sonoff relay module to zones set as key switch £28 on amazon. This can be done with any alarm where you can have key switch zones.

The output is done with the use of bluetooth Echo buttons and a relay wired to the bell output. it does involve a bit of soldering to the button £20 for 2. This can be done to any alarm system.

I might program the other button and put it in the bedroom as a night unset button if I want to go downstairs at night. I could just have it unset the alarm for lets say 10 minutes and then reset it.

You sir are a genius especially that tune woop woop that's the sound of da police :LOL:

Great soh to boot. I might try some of this any info would be appreciated (y)

Its not that hard to do really to have the alarm trigger your alexa all you need is a echo button.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ech...0338&s=gateway&sprefix=echo+bu,aps,152&sr=8-1
and a 12v relay.
Wf2nJFH.jpg

2Q1UYlk.jpg

Then just wire the relay to the bell output on the alarm panel, set up a routine in Alexa get it to send you a notification and have it do whatever else you want it to do, turn lights, plugs on or play music.

Sponsored Links

This is amazing mate! I'd love to link my alexa, enforcer, and hue lights. Can you provide a guide on how to do it? Whats needed and how to wire it?

Cheers
Matt

The post above shows what you need to have your alarm trigger your alexa all you would need to do is wire the red wire to 12v and the black wire to bell in the control panel.

To allow Alexa set and unset the alarm you need a sonoff 4 channel pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0793NYYPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1Klal3V.png

You then need program the zones as latched key switch and set them to the zones you want it to set and unset.

The if you name channel 2 as night set and program z34 to B set then all you will need to say is "Alexa turn on night set" and it will start to set the night set on the alarm.

Note this will reduce the security of your system so do at your own risk i'm quite happy with the reduced security because of the other added advantages which make up for this.

Last edited:

I would like to do the Alexa thing but what setting do I change to enable the wired bell (pyronix Enforcer with wireless bell)? I got my multimeter on the bell output and tested on every other output and don't get 12v that comes on when the alarm is tripped and goes off when reset.

You need one probe on 12+ the other on bell output as it goes negative on alarm
Thanks sparkymarka.

I thought I was getting a constant 12v from that, but upon checking a second time it's working as expected.

Last question if I wanted to do the mod above which two points would I connect the wifi relay to, to act as keyswitch? And what menue options do I need to enable? Also would I be able to have it so it can arm only not disarm?

Its on the diagram which points you wire it to zone 33, zone 34 then go into program inputs go to zones 33 and 34 and program them as key switch latched sadly I don't think you can set it so its only set only but will have a look.

Its on the diagram which points you wire it to zone 33, zone 34 then go into program inputs go to zones 33 and 34 and program them as key switch latched sadly I don't think you can set it so its only set only but will have a look.
Is it necessary to use both zones 33 and 34 or can just one be used?

To allow Alexa set and unset the alarm you need a sonoff 4 channel pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0793NYYPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1Klal3V.png

You then need program the zones as latched key switch and set them to the zones you want it to set and unset.

The if you name channel 2 as night set and program z34 to B set then all you will need to say is "Alexa turn on night set" and it will start to set the night set on the alarm.

Note this will reduce the security of your system so do at your own risk i'm quite happy with the reduced security because of the other added advantages which make up for this.

Hi Bianco, I have a Pyronix Euro 46 panel (which I assume is the same as the enforcer) and the inputs connectors are labelled as below. Can you advise what the corresponding input is for the Z33 and Z34 input as per your diagram?

upload_2020-1-6_19-43-27.png

Hi Bianco, I have a Pyronix Euro 46 panel (which I assume is the same as the enforcer) and the inputs connectors are labelled as below. Can you advise what the corresponding input is for the Z33 and Z34 input as per your diagram?

View attachment 180404

Never mind, got it working.

For those interested, the Euro 46v10 uses the standard input for keyswitch latched operation. All you have to do is connect the NO & Common on the sonoff to the 2 a inputs on the Euro 46 and connect the 2 t inputs to override the tamper. Then in the control panel set the input to keyswitch latched and your input area to be the area you want to set/unset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back