Alfie Evans

Sponsored Links
Alfie passed away this morning. May his soul rest in peace.

Last edited:
I thought as much you know nothing. Stick to simple things in life.

How do you cope when you have to interact with someone that's not like yourself?

Have some respect for the deceased child and parents you animal.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Alfie passed away this morning. May his soul rest in peace

Indeed and best wishes to his parents.

Given the majority of Alfies brain was not functioning, it was inevitable.

Sadly it seems its another case where, the parents express their plight on social media which gets spotted by a pro-lifer looking for a media story.

The parents then get caught in this awful media storm. Sadly some parents focus their emotions on 'fighting the medical establishment' and lose sight of reality.

There is a loss of faith with professionals in the NHS, with good reason to some extent and that feeds the stand off that develops between doctors and the families.

I know the example of Aysha King is often raised, but that was medically not comparable.

I should imagine the media cases like Alfie probably intensify the distress of other parents of young children going through similar situations.

I have a work collegue who has a grandchild that had a significantly large hole in her heart. Its been operated on and the baby is doing well. He cant praise the NHS and the consultants, nurses etc highly enough, both for their amazing skill, and their kindness.

Last edited:
Ellal hates the UK so much, he'll try any angle to attack it.
Nope - I'm just not one of the arrogant idiots on here who appear to believe that by default the UK is the font of all knowledge ;)

As I've said several times previously the state takes control when it is in IT'S best interests.

But surely when it comes down to it, you have to trust the parents instincts.

absolutely fundamentally not! so totally wrong it is breathtaking. The parents are subjective in the matter, it needs objectivity. The child's best interests were always preserved.

absolutely fundamentally not! so totally wrong it is breathtaking. The parents are subjective in the matter, it needs objectivity. The child's best interests were always preserved.
Just like Aysha King's best interests were 'always preserved' by the state?

And if you really believe that "The parents are subjective in the matter, it needs objectivity" then I truly hope that you don't have children!

Just like Aysha King's best interests were 'always preserved'?

And if you really believe that "The parents are subjective in the matter, it needs objectivity" then I truly hope that you don't have children!

I have 3. but thanks for asking.

I have 3. but thanks for asking.
Well I hope then they realise that you will defer to the state instead of trusting your instincts / familial knowledge should something happen to them, and when they need you the most.

Although given your indifference as to your parental role, maybe in your case the state indeed does know best!

PS. Why don't you acknowledge the Aysha King case?
(There are plenty more examples!)

Last edited:
Well I hope then they realise that you will defer to the state instead of trusting your instincts / familial knowledge should something happen to them, and when they need you the most.

Although given your indifference as to your parental role, maybe in your case the state indeed does know best!

yes I sincerely hope they would.

Sponsored Links
Back