almost drilled through a pipe.. help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello.
While attempting to screw a bracket into a wall, i've drilled part way into a copper pipe :( (not enough to perforate it).. it looks like a 15mm pipe.

It runs horizontally across a wall at about 90cm from the floor. (EXACTLY where i need to put my screws. :confused: )

I cannot think of where it goes, or comes from. I cannot see a reason why it would be there. It's above a radiator, but I believe the pipes to that run under the floorboards. The sink is on another wall and I know where the hot and cold feeds for that run. The 22mm pipes that run beside the hot water cylinder upstairs, run down an adjacent wall, but i boxed them in and know that there is no link to his mystery pipe "within" the boxing.

Any ideas what it could be? How can I trace it without pulling down my freshly plastered walls? How can i repair it?

Any help would be appreciated, though i realise it's difficult to guess.

Thanks....
David

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Firstly I'd run the hot and cold taps on your sink, and feel for a change in the pipe temperature. If there is a change, then it would give you a clue as to the purpose of the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back